digitalmusic.org is the trade association for the digital music industry, created to be the hub where content and commerce meet. Our charter is to advocate, educate and organize on behalf of the entire digital music ecosystem, including digital music services, digital retailers, mobile operators, app/game developers, technology providers and rightsholders from the label and artist community. We also promote member-to-member business opportunities and provide various marketing and communications platforms for our members.
digitalmusic.org is the voice of the digital music business, promoting individual companies and advocating on the important issues affecting its members. We promote the digital music business and its members in the press, at events and face-to-face meetings. Members can:
- Respond to issues affecting the digital music industry as a united front, and leverage digitalmusic.org’s communications staff to both proactively and reactively address issues in the press and other outlets.
- Conduct online seminars to members and other targets promoting both research and product presentations, hosted and marketed by digitalmusic.org staff.
- Gain access to speaking opportunities at digitalmusic.org-produced events, and participate in digitalmusic.org sessions produced for other conferences such as SXSW, SF MusicTech, Billboard events, etc.
digitalmusic.org archives the important data and metrics needed to provide intelligence needed to make smart decisions, conducts original research where necessary, and provides a platform for additional knowledge. Members:
- Gain access to all research reports commissioned by digitalmusic.org and other partners, as well as the ability to provide input in in commissioning new research topics and methodology as needed.
- Receive free attendance to monthly Webinar educational series providing in-depth detail on research reports, product presentations and case studies, and other topics.
- Discounted attendance and opportunities to participate in all digitalmusic.org events including our annual MusicBiz music business convention, Music Startup Academy series held in multiple locations nationwide, Entertainment & Technology Law Conference Series, and discounted access to GigaOm Pro and Parks Associates.
digitalmusic.org is an ecosystem of disparate digital music companies, including labels, managers, service providers, digital retailers and technology enablers. Joining allows members to:
- Participate as one voice is such standards-setting bodies as DDEX, WIPO, and other efforts.
- Collaborate with other members in the digital music ecosystem to solve industry-wide problems through participation in digitalmusic.org’s various Working Groups.
- Benefit from multiple programs designed to lower the barriers to commerce, including a digital product database, a startup mentorship and business development program, and other partnership outreach initiatives.
digitalmusic.org offers multiple opportunities for members to gain exposure to business partners through:
- Access to digitalmusic.org board members, committee leaders, members and staff
- Introductions to targeted members and ability to promote your business through our Online Seminar Series, mentorship program, live events, and profiles on digitalmusic.org website and newsletter.
- Invitations to digitalmusic.org networking events such as the Digital Dinners series held in NY, LA and SF; and digitalmusic.org receptions at other industry conferences.
Want to be a part of the conversations?
digitalmusic.org (DMO) is the home for the digital initiatives of NARM, the trade association for the business of music. digitalmusic.org is governed under the by-laws of NARM, by NARM President Jim Donio and Bill Wilson, NARM VP of Digital Strategy & Business Development, as well as the the NARM Board Of Directors.