To accelerate innovation around digital music by providing BD executives with actionable information. reduce barriers to entry for music-oriented startups and provide rights-holders with ways to streamline relationships with emerging companies.
- 4/14/2011 – Established the Music Startup Academy educational series for entrepreneurs.
- Since inception in 2011, it has served 1000+ students during sessions in Austin, Boston, New York, London, San Francisco, and Nashville.
- 9/13/2012 – Launched Music API Directory
- Provides startups and entrepreneurs with information on artist-friendly, licensed providers of content and music services.
- 9/25/2012 – Issued the Paradox of Innovation white paper
- Outlining the rights landscape facing startups, and the time required to navigate it.
- Music Startup Network
- Business development utility connecting companies seeking content licensing or artist marketing relationships with rights holders.
Cindy Charles, Cindy Charles Consulting
Ted Cohen, TAG Strategic
Rachel Masters, Red Magnet Media
7digital, Amazon, Atlantic Records, Club Create, Crush Management, Disney, DTS Entertainment, EMI, eMusic, Epitaph, Fanzillo, Formium, Future.fm, HipDigital, Harry Fox Agency, Indaba, Instinctiv, Interscope, Live Nation Labs, MasurLaw, MediaNet Digital, Nokia, Numeta, RIAA, Rightsflow, Sony ATV, Sony Music Entertainment, Synchtank, The Orchard, UMGD, Votiv, Warner Chappell, WEA Corp and Wind-Up.
JOIN THE GROUP
If you want to be part of the conversations of this workgroup, please complete this form to be invited to join. A digitalmusic.org staff member will contact you upon submission of this form.