The coordination of best-practices for non-recorded music assets relevant to the digital music value chain, such as artist images, recording credits, liner notes, and other information.
- 5/26/12 – Discovery Channels white paper released
- Published resultts of DMO summit examining the state of music discovery on TV, in conjunction with Billboard magazine.
- 6/14/12 – MetaMillions white paper released
- Examining the current state of digital asset collection, curation, and contextualization, presenting the business case for the establishment of standardized frameworks.
- Album Credit Infographic
- In conjunction with the Recording Academy, this informational graphic will illustrate how performer, producer, and publisher information is gathered and distributed up the value chain to the digital storefront.
- Album Credit Ecosystem Best Practices
- Photographic & Archival Image Best Practices for artists, labels, & other rightsholders
Paul Jessop, County Analytics
Maureen Droney, The Recording Academy
Billboard, Disney, EMI, Epitaph Records, The Echo Nest, Formium, Getty Images, The Harry Fox Agency, Interaction Law, Live Nation, Naxos, OneTouch, Rightsflow, Rootmusic, Rovi, Songpier, Sony Music Entertainment, Tropisounds, UMG eLabs, UMGD, WEA Corp., and West 10 Entertainment
JOIN THE GROUP
If you want to be part of the conversations of this workgroup, please complete this form to be invited to join. A digitalmusic.org staff member will contact you upon submission of this form.