To streamline digital operations in the content supply chain and reporting process, including style guide standards, product database, takedown and rights revocation issues, rights collision management and so on.
- 3/23/10 – White Paper — “Digital Supply Chain & Operations – A Music Industry Initiative”
- Product Platform Project
- Repository of DDEX ERN level-data for physical and digital music products
- Foundation for creation of useful utilities to reduce redundancies and/or create time-saving efficiencies such as the Events-To-Products Service.
- 5/6/12 – Debut of Music Metadata Summit Event
- 5/6/12 – Published V.1 of Music Metadata Style Guide
- 5/6/12 – Published Music Identifier and Acronym Reference
- Ongoing collaboration with industry standards bodies (ISRC and DDEX)
- Artist Disambiguation
- Ongoing due diligence on resolving customer issues related to multiple artists with identical names.
- Release Date Metadata
- Establish recommendations on resolving version vs. original street date within delivered album metadata to avoid customer confusion and enhance discovery.
- Take Downs/Rights Revocations/ Rights Collision Best Practices
- Create and evangelize uniform procedures to address issues related to changes or conflicts in distribution which affect customer experience and artist profile.
Chris Read, Sony DADC
Shachar Oren, Neurotic Media.
7 Digital, Amazon, Apple, CI, Disney, DDEX, E-music, Epitaph Records, InGrooves, Google, The Harry Fox Agency, ISNI, ISRC, InGrooves/Fontana, Linchpin Digital, Livewire Mobile, Live Nation, MediaNet Digital, Microsoft, Naxos, Neurotic Media, Nokia, Nuemeta, The Orchard, Puretracks, Ranger Computers, Rdio, ReverbNation, Rhapsody, Rightsflow, RIM, Rovi, SESAC, Sony Music Entertainment, Topspin, UMGD, WEA Corp., West10 Entertainment, Wind-Up, YouTube and X5 Music Group.
JOIN THE GROUP
If you want to be part of the conversations of this workgroup, please complete this form to be invited to join. A digitalmusic.org staff member will contact you upon submission of this form.